As the premier provider of hormone-based health solutions for adults in Dover, we’ve had the pleasure of interacting with hundreds of men and women who want to live their lives to the fullest. We truly believe that age is just a number, and we’re dedicated to using the full clout of scientific research to help our patients discover solutions to their health problems through hormone therapy. Keep reading if you’re interested in learning more about how hormone therapy can be used as a tool for weight loss in both men and women, or feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!
The Function Of Hormones In Your Body
Hormones aren’t something that most people spend a lot of time thinking about, especially in their teen and young adult years. Even though hormones are the driving force behind many of our body’s most vital functions–like growth, metabolism, and fertility–we often take them for granted because they work “behind the scenes.” The only reason that hormones come to the forefront of our consciousness as we get older is because we start to feel the effects of imbalances. Diet, lifestyle, environmental hazards, and yes, even just getting older can cause our hormones levels to chance in negative ways. When this happens, we often experience side effects, like fatigue, mood swings, and even rapid weight gain.
Maintaining a healthy weight is hard enough on its own, we don’t need hormonal imbalances making it worse! That’s why Living Great is dedicated to supporting optimal health through hormone replacement therapy for weight loss.
Many people are unaware of the way in which various hormones can be used to balance out your levels, resulting in slowing of weight gain or even weight loss. With the help of hormone therapy on your side, all of that dieting and exercise that you’ve been doing for months may finally pay off!
Hormone Therapies That Encourage Weight Loss In Women
Hormone therapy is a popular treatment option for women in Dover, especially those that have experienced rapid weight gain as a result of the hormonal imbalances that occur naturally during menopause. Depending on your individual hormonal needs, our medical professionals may recommend the following replacement therapies:
- Estrone – No, we didn’t spell the word “estrogen” wrong. Estrone, also known as oestrone, is an estrogenic hormone secreted by the ovaries of most women. Modifying estrone levels through replacement therapy has been known to help some women control their appetite and reduce cravings for sugary food.
- Progesterone – This is an endogenous steroid and sex hormone that occurs naturally in the body during the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. Through hormone replacement therapy, progesterone has been shown to help the body convert stored fat into energy.
- Incretin – All women have incretin in their bodies. It’s used to stimulate insulin production after we consume a meal. As a hormone therapy tool, incretin can be used to encourage a sense of fullness after eating, which helps women avoid impulse food consumption and overeating.
Hormone Therapies That Encourage Weight Loss In Men
Although hormone therapy for weight loss is often discussed in the context of women and menopause, it can also be a very effective therapy for men as well. Like women, men often experienced a slower metabolism in their later years, giving rise to unexplained weight loss.
Depending on your individual hormonal needs, our medical professionals may recommend the following replacement therapies:
- Testosterone – Although it exists in female bodies as well, testosterone is primarily a male sex hormone that drives the development of reproductive capabilities. What many don’t know is that testosterone has been shown to inhibit the storage of abdominal fat. Testosterone levels that are below optimal have also been shown to trigger sugar cravings and insulin resistance.
- DHEA – Dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA for short, is an endogenous steroid hormone. During replacement therapy, it has been shown to stimulate a man’s natural metabolism, preventing fat storage.
- Pregnenolone – This endogenous steroid works by regulating many of the other hormones that dictate your body’s fat storage and stress responses. During replacement therapy, pregnenolone has been shown to elevate metabolism and improve brain function.
Interested in learning more about how hormone replacement therapy may be able to help you achieve your weight loss goals? Contact Living Great in Dover today. We’ve helped many of your friends and neighbors find relief, and we’d be honored for the opportunity to help you as well!