We all know that life isn’t fair. But there’s something particularly cruel about being unable to meaningfully lose weight. Just imagine it. You’ve decided to take steps to improve yourself. You’re making it a point to eat more responsibly, and you’re exercising on a regular basis. Your reward? Your body continues to pretty much look exactly the same. It can be frustrating, to say the least. But what if there were another way?
The Problem Is the Solution
The good news is, if you’re suffering from this condition, you have another option. For the last several years, hormone therapy for weight loss has proven to be an effective means of treatment. For many people, hormones are the reason for stubborn weight gain. Your hormones are in charge of a number of different functions within your body, including the ability to lose weight. But as time goes on and as you age, your hormone levels will naturally drop, leaving you with a hormone imbalance. As a result, you have more abdominal fat, less energy to put towards exercise, and a slower metabolism to help burn off fat.
However, hormone replacement therapy is an excellent way to turn it all around. Essentially, when you start undergoing regular treatments, your body will begin producing certain hormones at a higher rate that will rejuvenate your body’s ability to lose weight. A few of these hormones are:
- Testosterone is found in both men and women, and it helps to boost your metabolism and inhibits the amount of fat that your body’s cells can store.
- Progesterone takes fat that the body stores and helps to convert it to energy. It also helps to curb overeating.
- Human growth hormone (HGH) converts stored fat into lean and healthy muscle mass.
- Insulin is designed to absorb glucose from food. It’s controlled by another hormone, incretin, which handles glucose levels and controls the satisfying feeling of fullness you experience after a meal.
- Estrone is a particularly important hormone for women, and it controls the appetite along with sugar cravings.
- Pregnenolone is a very powerful hormone that handles a number of duties. It blocks cortisol, which manages the storage of abdominal fat, helps your metabolism to remain at high and healthy levels, improves focus and memory, and helps to balance out other hormones which makes you feel and look more youthful.
Through treatment, your body will undergo two changes. First, it biochemically changes the hormone imbalance within your body that prevented you from losing weight. Second, it boosts your metabolism, so that you’ll have more energy and you’ll burn fat more efficiently. It also helps to reduce your appetite and cravings, so you’ll eat less frequently, and eat smaller portions.
So does this mean that, once you start treatment, you can sit back and watch the pounds melt off? Not at all! You still need to be committed to a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen. With hormone replacement therapy, the work you’re doing through eating better, moving more, and living a healthier lifestyle will cause you to lose weight and replace it with muscle.